[Az-Geocaching] Adopting a cache

Jared Ross jaredmross at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 19:41:16 MST 2007

Bob, I wouldn't necessarily give up just yet. Guy is right that you probably won't win, but there's an off chance you do. I have a cache back in Ohio modeled after the library caches here in Phoenix and Prescott (such a great cache idea), however it took well over a month for it to be approved because the reviewer did not think that coordinates were an important part of the cache. I disagreed because no where in the description did I say it was at the library therefore the coordinates taking them to the front steps of the library were (IMHO) adequate use of a GPS unit. I respectfully disagreed with the reviewer and so in accordance with the guidelines I went to the groundspeak forums and carefully laid out the ENTIRE argument including both sides of the stories. Days later (and numerous pages on the forum) and a formal review of the guideline and my cache ended with my cache being approved as-is. I did decide to make some changes to it though which would have eliminated the
 need for the argument. So why did I keep pushing the issue even though I was eventually willing to change it? Because to me it was right and I felt the guidelines were being met. It was the principle of the matter. It was a long process and as many had said there have been very few occassions when the outcome has been in the cachers favor.

Sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to give you a "success" story. If you haven't presented all the details of your issue in the forums I would recommend doing so.

Jared