[Az-Geocaching] Adopting a cache

Bill Nolan bill at freeholder.com
Sun May 6 09:11:37 MST 2007

Wow.  Actually kind of hard to believe you wrote that.  I am at a loss to
understand why someone would deliberately decide to try and start a flame
war on a list.  Bored?  Maybe you should go caching.

Perhaps you should set up a list of qualifications to post here.  What's the
threshold?  200 a year?  300?  Would you meet that?  Don't forget hides.  We
can't have people posting here unless they have a lot of hides.  I mean,
hides are what make the sport.  If all you do is find, you contribute
nothing, right?

Well, wrong, actually.  People participate in this sport for many reasons,
and all are equally valid.  Some go for numbers.  We have had people find
nearly 1/4 of your lifetime total in one day.  Some live for first finds.
Some prefer to hide, rather than seek.  Some avoid the numbers completely,
play the game, and just don't post their finds.  Some seek only the 5/5
wilderness finds, while others prefer the challenge of executing a find in
an urban setting, right under the noses of the muggles.

Have a nice day.  I'll pray for you.

Bill in Willcox

noshdoo tsoh wrote:

> Why is it that a guy who hardly caches at all, and a guy who lives in
> Montana are so vocal on an Arizona Geocaching Listserve?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:34 AM