[Az-Geocaching] eMap Mount in a Jeep?

Bill Burkett wburkett at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 12:03:31 MST 2007

Thanks, Jon!  I'm checking them out.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com]  On Behalf Of
az_pistolero
Sent:	Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:34 AM
To:	listserv at azgeocaching.com
Cc:	listserv at azgeocaching.com
Subject:	Re: [Az-Geocaching] eMap Mount in a Jeep?

Bill,

You'll find lots of options here:

http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_mounts_ram.html

There are some very pricey mounts (we use the TouraTech mounts on our ATVs).
These folks cater to the Touring Motorcycle crowd.

I'd suggest some form of clamped mount or screwed-on mount.   RAM lets you
pick the mount, the bar (go with the articulating bar), and the bracket
separately.

Jon

On Wednesday, March 14, 2007, at 09:07PM, "Bill Burkett"
<wburkett at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I just got a new Jeep Wrangler (well, new to me) and I?m looking for a good
way to mount my trusty eMap in it.  Do those suction cup thingies work well
and stay stuck?  Any other mounting ideas?  Any recommendations for a mail
order or Web dealer?