[Az-Geocaching] Cache database

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Tue Jul 10 18:48:10 MST 2007

SHHHHH!
The neighbors are listening!

IMPORTANT--READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE ONLINE DATA

GROUNDSPEAK, INC. D/B/A GEOCACHING.COM (GROUNDSPEAK), IS WILLING TO
LICENSE THE REQUESTED DATA TO YOU ONLY UPON THE CONDITION THAT YOU
ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING THE 'I
ACCEPT' BUTTON AND THEREAFTER DOWNLOADING THE ONLINE DATA. BY
DOWNLOADING THE ONLINE DATA, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE
GROUNDSPEAK DATA LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS AS STATED, THEN GROUNDSPEAK IS UNWILLING TO LICENSE THE DATA
TO YOU.

GROUNDSPEAK DATA LICENSE AGREEMENT

This is a license agreement, and not an agreement for sale, between the
end user (Licensee) and GROUNDSPEAK, Inc. (GROUNDSPEAK), a Washington
corporation, with its principal place of business at 2127 5th Avenue,
Seattle, WA, 98121, USA. This GROUNDSPEAK Data License Agreement
(Agreement) gives Licensee certain limited rights to use the Data and
Related Materials. All rights not specifically granted in this Agreement
are reserved to GROUNDSPEAK.

Reservation of Ownership and Grant of License: GROUNDSPEAK and its
licensor(s) retain exclusive ownership of the copy of the Data and
Related Materials licensed under this Agreement and, hereby, grant to
Licensee a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the
Data and Related Materials based on the terms and conditions of this
Agreement. Licensee agrees to use reasonable effort to protect the Data
and Related Materials from unauthorized use, reproduction, distribution,
or publication.

Proprietary Rights and Copyright: Licensee acknowledges that the Data
and Related Materials contain proprietary and confidential property of
GROUNDSPEAK and its licensor(s). The Data and Related Materials are
owned by GROUNDSPEAK and its licensor(s) and are protected by United
States copyright laws and applicable international copyright treaties
and/or conventions.

Permitted Uses:
.    Licensee may install the Data or portions of the Data onto a global
positioning system unit ["GPS"] for Licensee's own internal use.
.    Licensee may make only one (1) copy of the original Data for
archival purposes unless the right to make additional copies is granted
to Licensee in writing by GROUNDSPEAK.
.    Licensee may modify the Data and merge other data sets with the
Data for Licensee's own internal use. The portions of the Data merged
with other data sets will continue to be subject to the terms and
conditions of this Agreement.
.    Licensee may use, copy, alter, modify, merge, reproduce, and/or
create derivative works of the on-line textual content [including the
about geocaching content, links content and cache hiding tutorial] for
Licensee's own internal use. The portions of the on-line documentation
merged with other software, data, hard copy, and/or digital materials
shall continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this
Agreement and shall provide the following copyright attribution notice
acknowledging GROUNDSPEAK's proprietary rights in the on-line
documentation: "Portions of this document include intellectual property
of GROUNDSPEAK and are used herein by permission. Copyright © 2006
GROUNDSPEAK, Inc. All Rights Reserved."
Uses Not Permitted:
.    Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign,
time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the
Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this
Agreement to any third party whatsoever.
.    Licensee shall not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the
GROUNDSPEAK-compatible data format(s) in an attempt to duplicate the
proprietary and copyright-protected GROUNDSPEAK data model(s) and/or
export format(s).
.    Licensee shall not remarket, resell, and/or redistribute the Data
or any derived portion(s) of the Data in its digital form to any third
party whatsoever.
.    Licensee shall not remove or obscure any GROUNDSPEAK and/or
licensor(s) copyright, proprietary, or trademark notices.
Redistribution Rights for Derived Digital Data Sets: At GROUNDSPEAK's
sole option, GROUNDSPEAK may grant a separate sublicense agreement, on a
royalty fee basis, with Licensees who wish to obtain redistribution
rights for derived or other value-added digital data sets in
GROUNDSPEAK-compatible data format(s). Please address your written
proposals to Attn.: GROUNDSPEAK Data Manager, GROUNDSPEAK, Inc., 2127
5th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98121 USA.

Term: The license granted by this Agreement shall commence upon
Licensee's receipt of the Data and Related Materials and shall continue
until such time that (1) Licensee elects to discontinue use of the Data
and Related Materials and terminates the Agreement or (2) GROUNDSPEAK
terminates for Licensee's material breach of this Agreement. Upon
termination of this Agreement in either instance, Licensee shall then
return to GROUNDSPEAK the Data and Related Materials. The parties hereby
agree that all provisions that operate to protect the rights of
GROUNDSPEAK and its licensor(s) shall remain in force should breach occur.

No Warranty: The Data are not warranted and Licensee expressly
acknowledges that the Data contain some nonconformities, defects, or
errors. GROUNDSPEAK does not warrant that the Data will meet Licensee's
needs or expectations, that the use of the Data will be uninterrupted,
or that all nonconformities, defects, or errors can or will be
corrected. GROUNDSPEAK is not inviting reliance on these data, and
Licensee should always verify actual data.

THE DATA AND RELATED MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS,"
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Exclusive Remedy and Limitation of Liability: The GROUNDSPEAK and/or
licensor(s) entire liability and Licensee's exclusive remedy shall be to
terminate the Agreement upon Licensee returning the Data and Related
Materials to GROUNDSPEAK with a copy of Licensee's invoice/receipt and
GROUNDSPEAK returning any license fees paid to Licensee.

IN NO EVENT SHALL GROUNDSPEAK AND/OR ITS LICENSOR(S) BE LIABLE FOR COSTS
OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES
OR BUSINESS EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS, OR COMMITMENTS IN CONNECTION WITH
ANY BUSINESS, LOSS OF ANY GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS
AGREEMENT OR USE OF THE DATA AND RELATED MATERIALS, HOWEVER CAUSED, ON
ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT GROUNDSPEAK AND/OR ITS
LICENSOR(S) HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THESE
LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE
OF ANY EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.

No Implied Waivers: No failure or delay by GROUNDSPEAK and/or its
licensor(s) in enforcing any right or remedy under this Agreement shall
be construed as a waiver of any future or other exercise of such right
or remedy by GROUNDSPEAK and/or its licensor(s).

Export Regulation: Licensee acknowledges that this Agreement and the
performance thereof are subject to compliance with any and all
applicable United States laws, regulations, or orders relating to the
export of data thereto. Licensee agrees to comply with all laws,
regulations, and orders of the United States in regard to any export of
such Technical Data. Licensee agrees not to disclose or re-export any
Technical Data received under this Agreement in or to any countries for
which the United States Government requires an export license or other
supporting documentation at the time of export or transfer, unless
Licensee has obtained prior written authorization from GROUNDSPEAK and
the U.S. Office of Export Control.

Severability: If any provision(s) of this Agreement shall be held to be
invalid, illegal, or unenforceable by a court or other tribunal of
competent jurisdiction, the validity, legality, and enforceability of
the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired
thereby.

Governing Law: This Agreement, entered into in King County shall be
construed and enforced in accordance with and be governed by the laws of
the United States of America and the State of Washington without
reference to conflict of laws principles. The parties hereby consent to
the personal jurisdiction of the courts of this County and waive their
rights to change venue.

Entire Agreement: The parties agree that this constitutes the sole and
entire agreement of the parties as to the matter set forth herein and
supersedes any previous agreements, understandings, and arrangements
between the parties relating hereto.