[Az-Geocaching] GSAK

Jared Ross jaredmross at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 11:28:16 MST 2007

Finally, the answer to all of life's questions! Thanks Brian! haha

Wow, that is a tough question which probably would need a long tutorial to properly address. I would recommend that they jump on the forums at gsak.net and do some research, then post their questions in there. A quick answer for one of the questions though is "NO", GSAK does not have an automagic way of determining what caches in your database are archived. That being said there are somewhat automated ways of cleansing your gsak database(s). I would again recommend gsak.net for that information. I myself just try to keep the nearest 500 caches up to date by updating a few times a week and then checking those caches where the "Last GPX" date is less than the date on the most recent GPX file I've loaded. It's rather manual, but there are better ways.

Good luck,
Jared of AZBliss02