[Az-Geocaching] Explanation

HighwayHavoc highwayhavoc at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 14:42:59 MST 2007

Regarding the "Bikini Thief" video....

I'm going to try this again by going another route. I find it interesting that this video clip was sent to the list, but when I tried to send an explanation, it didn't go anywhere. The explanation that I tried to send was:

"This message is regarding a video clip that apparently I had sent out to a number of people. I did not send this clip. I don't know how this happened nor who is behind it, and I myself did not know about this situation until I started receiving emails questioning me why I sent it. When I check my "Out" box, there is no record of this clip being sent. Again, I apologize for the blanket email, but apparently my address book was accessed and I do not know who received this. If someone out there with a knowledge of computerism can let me know how to investigate this, I'd appreciate it."

Instead of this explanation being posted, I received the following:

"Your mail to 'Az-Geocaching' with the subject

    Disturbing video clip

The reason it is being held:

    Message has implicit destination

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive notification of the moderator's decision."

To date I have not received any notification of the moderator's decision. In the meantime, I have updated my antivirus software, changed my password, and added a firewall. Beyond that, I don't know what else to say. I rarely post to this list, and then suddenly I see a doozy of a post popping up under my name. Perhaps this is the repercussion of moving to southern California?

Mark A. Pedersen