[Az-Geocaching] Travel route suggestions

Lyn bn2son at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 13:11:18 MST 2007

Hi Lisa,

  Is the construction you are talking about the Tucson area?  If so it is about 5 miles of 2 lanes both side while they widen it.  I have driven to the San Antonia / Austin area for years, the last time was this last July, I-10 is good all the way, east of El Paso Tx you will hit some mountains, long hills but you won't lose any time.  I usually drive Tucson to New Braunsfels (halfway between Austin and San Antonia) in about 13 or 14 hours.  But that is because I am impatient!  Have a wonderful trip.

  Lyn
  4everlyn

Jake Olson <jake.teamai at gmail.com> wrote:
  Once you get past Globe on 60, it's pretty easy.  The quick jump down from Safford to the I-10 seemed like a really quick drive.

Going from Superior to Miami/Globe, there are some pretty good climbs in some canyons.  This all pales in comparison to Salt River Canyon.  Considering the season, you should take extra precautions for ice conditions.  After Globe there may be more ice, but the road is no where near as hazardous.  I've driven the roads in winter and have rarely encountered ice, but it never hurts to be careful, just the same.

Jake - Team A.I.