[Az-Geocaching] Travel route suggestions

Lisa G. lisasjunk at buppas.com
Thu Dec 6 12:05:01 MST 2007

Hi all,

I will be travelling with my family from Tempe to Austin, TX to visit my
folks over the holidays.  I have always just taken I-10 east (south) out
of town and followed it until the appropriate cutoff in Texas.

However I think I remember something about a construction project
between Phoenix and Tucson.  I live right off of the 60/I-10
interchange, and was wondering if it would be better to head out on the
60 and go through Apache Junction, Superior, Globe and Safford, then
cutting down on the 191 and hitting I-10.  Or continue on 70 out of
Safford and meet up with I-10 in Lordsburg, NM.  Or any other
suggestions someone may have...as long as I get to I-10 by central
Texas, I'm good!

I've never traveled this particular stretch of road before, though, so I
have no idea what the condition of it is.  This is a 1000 mile trip that
we're doing in one shot, so I'm not looking to sightsee and don't really
want to deal with a ton of 45 mph speed limits.  However if the
construction zones are going to be worse or about the same, I'll deal
with some slower speed limits.  I don't mind curvy/small roads if the
speed limits aren't insanely low.

Oh, and we'll be leaving early on a Saturday morning, so rush hour
traffic won't be a concern (in either Phoenix or Tucson).

Thanks,
-Lisa
"PoledraDog"