[Az-Geocaching] what map for Garmin 60CSx

az_pistolero az_pistolero at mac.com
Wed Oct 25 07:18:15 MST 2006

I use CitySelect and Topo from Garmin (both are MapSource add-ons) on
my GPSv.   Not as much memory as the 60CSx appears to have, but it's
small and has great battery life.

The CitySelect maps are most up to date, and most major forest roads
are included.   If you use these maps, you can ask the unit to "go
to" a location and it'll figure the best roads.    Beware that'll
sometimes put you someplace that's not really a good trail head.

The Topos are 1:100,000 resolution.   If you're used to the 1:24,000
USGS Quads, you may be a little dissapointed.

On the other hand, you can put a ton of Topos on your GPS, while the
CitySelect maps take up more memory.

Jon