[Az-Geocaching] what map for Garmin 60CSx

Lisa G. lisasjunk at buppas.com
Tue Oct 24 12:48:26 MST 2006

What kind of road data, if any, do the topo maps give you?

I've done a little bit of caching up in the Pine/Payson area, and could
have used the topo maps on a few occasions.  However, I also do quite a
bit of city caching.  I would have thought you'd really want a
combination of topo and city maps to effectively using it for caching
(unless, of course, you *always* get to cache in the boonies 3 miles off
the nearest road, in which case I'm insanely jealous of you ;) ).  I
guess maybe if you just use regular ole maps to get you in the vicinity
of your location; I use autorouting in combo with physically verifying
the maps right on the GPS.

I have MetroGuide 5.0 because someone gave it to me.  I use img2gps
(available here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mdipol/img2gps/) to upload
the maps onto my 60CSx in order to get the autorouting data.  I've been
told that I lost the ability to do address searches when I did this (I
haven't noticed because I haven't wanted to do address searches yet, but
I could forsee wanting to if I were travelling out of town).  I've been
thinking about getting the topo maps as well, but for now I'm still
recovering from the GPS purchase. ;)

-Lisa