[Az-Geocaching] Am I missing something - Magellen 200s

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 08:32:49 MST 2006

<Steven Stringham <sstringh at stringham-family.org>

>So, what should I recommend to my friend. He has two of these.
>A) Toss the piece of crap and get ANY Garmin - and you will be happier?
>B) It is OK, but I would not want one?
>C) I am sorry, but you purchased a piece of crap. Too bad.

LOLOLOL ROFLMAO!!!! :)) :)) :)) I'd choose option A and C just to cover
yourself and get the point across to your friend! :)

If you friend has two of them, he could sell them both on Ebay and perhaps
have enough to pick up a Garmin unit.

At any rate, that is very interesting that Magellan doesnt at least have the
option of a computer interface on the 3 lower models. Heck, even their
cheapy little GPS 300 series had a PC interface cable. I know a geocacher
that has a 300 (or a 315 I think) and he just purchased a new cable for it.
WHY would Magellan not offer a PC interface for the much newer line of
Explorists when they even offered it on the way old and out of date 300
series!? I mean, in todays world, I dont see how any GPS could NOT have a PC
interface. I would think everyone would pretty much need that option for
almost anything they use a GPS for. ??? I understand the manufacturers
selling all the different units with more or less options for more or less
money (to suit everyone's price range and needs), but a PC interface should
at least be the very minimal of standard equiptment.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind