[Az-Geocaching] hills

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 12:28:13 MST 2006

>From: "Loran  Wilcox" <loranwilcox at chartermi.net>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] hills
>Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:16:59 -0500
>
>I miss the caches like Lost Ark, Thompson Peak, and 2600.  Someday I'll
>make
>it back and do some heavy hiking again.
>
>Team Sand Dollar

Lost Ark was a very quality cache and certainly on my top 10 list of
favorites. The cache was placed by Team 360 and was a HUGE ammo box filled
with some very quality stuff (cant beleive Team360, of all people, carried
that thing up there!) placed on top of a high peak in the Mcdowell preserve
area. Unfortunately, the preserve committee refused to allow caches in the
preserve and it was archived. If I remember, talking to Team 360, the cache
could still possibly be up there! I dont think anyone in the mcdowell
preserve committee (a bunch of people who apparently have nothing better to
do than sit on their a**es and make up rules) would ever have gone all the
way up there to remove it! I made that climb in the middle of the summer
(July) with the Frobo Goose and D-Dubs. That was an awsome cache experience.
I had a great time doing Thompson Peak cache with you too Sand Dollar and
look forward to making another hike with you should you ever make it back
down to Arizona!

Team Ropingthewind