[Az-Geocaching] Land/Trail closures

George Harris george at customcals.com
Fri Nov 3 21:28:29 MST 2006

This isn't strictly a geocaching issue but anytime access is restricted to
public lands it affects this pastime.  There is a movement to close a
considerable amount of trails and access to public land in the Florence
Junction area.  This encompasses thousands of acres of BLM land north and
south of the Gila river east of Florence.  Personally I can think of
hundreds of caches affected.

Read the info here on the AZ Jeep site:
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=17567

I intend to get involved.  This is really serious. This isn't a 4-wheeling
problem - it's everybody who believes in access to public lands' problem.
That's us. I know the geocaching community is dynamic enough to stand up and
be heard.

-George (TDP)