[Az-Geocaching] New changes at Groundspeak

ShadowAce shadowace.az at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:30:59 MST 2006

 The easiest way is to be a premium member then setup a pocket query to
search for caches with Travel Bugs in it.

 'Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries you can have emailed to you on
a daily or weekly basis. They are in a format you can bring along with you
on cache hunts on your GPS and/or PDA. You can select a GPX or LOC text file
and/or MobiPocket eBook format that works with supported software
applications <http://www.geocaching.com/waypoints/>. Because of the detailed
queries, each search can run only once per day. You have up to 5 pocket
queries run every 24 hour period.'

 When we get ready for a trip I tend to check nearby caches (many times ones
I have already found because the search time would be less) and then you
have to check each bug in the cache to see what the goal of that TB is.
Saddly if you take too long to do this you might get to the cache to find
someone took the TB that morning.

 As I live down in Tucson, I cannot really help you collect them to take.
Maybe you could get AZCachemeister, Evil Fish, AJ.JR, AZKiteflyers or one of
the other friendly cachers to assist you in searching nearby TB's for goals?

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=c9d61cc3-e7c5-4dde-baae-f93c5afe3c6bis
a TB near a cache you have done that wants to simply travel.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=b74160d9-83b2-4d36-926a-5f25b982c560is
a TB that is within .8 miles of a cache you have found that wants to
visit baseball parks across the country.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=eb960bb1-d1db-4309-a5fa-58ead3744f53is
a TB that reads: To
speed my way across the country visiting as many unusual spots as possible!
Please take me to the state of California and return me home to
California,MD!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=1975a46a-3a71-4018-aa03-8db3c7cb0468wants
to travel the world.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=61324bb2-0399-4231-8d55-7fe413adbd72wants
to travel the world and have pictures taken. It has not moved from the
first cache it was placed in.

 Basically what I did was found a cache you have located then clicked 'All
Nearby caches' When you see the icon for a TB click on the cache page then
read the descriptions of the TBs.

 I seriously think some of those fine cachers up in Phoenix can help you
gather a bug or two if you ask them. Just check the profiles of a few of the
cachers and if they have a goodly count of TB finds then they most likely do
not mind helping you and the TB's make a goal or two.

ShadowAce