[Az-Geocaching] Washington GC Monument

crystalh@cox.net crystalh at cox.net
Wed May 3 19:16:02 MST 2006

I have a couple of great ones in the Columbia River Valley if you're going to be that direction.  They do require a bit of a hike but no rock climbing.  One is called Mossy Road (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=946383a8-22dc-4c8d-9039-f523f0e3be07) and the other is Summit Creek Falls - We think! (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2ad7d25f-328b-4f93-b876-5e7a3a1048b8).  The last one is more of a hike than the first but it is WELL worth it when you get to the cache.  Check out the pics posted for it!

Crystal
HinkleHouse
---- Steven Stringham <sstringh at stringham-family.org> wrote:
Ok, so here I am making summer vacation plans. My family will be doing a
family reunion in Boise.

So, I thought, "heh, maybe I can get a cache or two in Washington and
Oregon as well." Yes, this is what went through my little pea brain.

And then, I thought, "Where is that little monument that I know was
placed out there - by Team 360 if I remember right?" And I had no answer
for myself. So, I thought I would ask that question of this very
knowledgeable group of persons on this list. Was not this monument
placed in honor of the first GC? Stopping by would be a right good thing
to do. No?

Any thoughts on this subject from anybody out there?

Oh, and are there any other spots that just must be stopped by on that
trek? (Connie - are you out there?)

Thanks
Steven Stringham
StringCachers