[Az-Geocaching] Was Garmin 76CS now Jeeps (hey, she asked)

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Wed May 3 12:20:19 MST 2006

The Chevy engines go in because they're the easiest to do
modification-wise.  With the new saddle mount that just came out, all we
have to do is mount the engine to the saddle and weld it in.  Poof!
There's your engine.  Fab a few mounts for the transmission/t-case and
the only thing left is dropping the axles in and getting drive shafts
cut.  The D44s we are using are a direct bolt-on to my leaf packs, but
we'll tweak those too and put spring pads on top for a SOA.  Hemi swaps
are now all the rage, but I don't have enough available body parts to
sell in order to pay for a crate 6.1 Hemi, not to mention the $1300
wiring harness (full vehicle) needed to make it play nice.

I'm getting this stuff so cheap because my wheelin' buddy bought a truck
from a guy who didn't know what he had to rob the 3/4 ton axles out from
under it for his Scout II.  Everything else is in great condition, and
I'm taking the Scout D44s and putting them under my rig.  He already got
his money's worth out of the truck (the axles alone are worth far more
than he paid for the entire vehicle), so this is pure profit for him.  I
can't beat the price.

Brian
Team A.I.