[Az-Geocaching] 60CS Auction

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:45:22 MST 2006

>From: "Bob & Linda Smith" <>
>To: "Azgeocaching Listserv" <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] 60CS Auction
>Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:19:26 -0700
>
>If you have some deep pockets and want to help the AZ Geocaching community
>get a 60CS look at:

>http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view?id=806517&tid=DC00001966

>I tried to bid at my pocket level and missed it.

5 60CS's for $1150? Not bad. That's $230 each (gpsnow.com is at $359.95
currently). But with the new 60 X series GPS's already out now.. I would
guess you will start seeing the 60CS coming down in price quite a bit. I
dont think you would get a big enough return on your investement to make it
worth the risk. I know a few people already who are selling their 60C and
CS's for the new X series. The auction has 33 bids currently and it still
has 1 day+ to go yet.

That Liguidation.com looks pretty cool though. I will have to dig around on
there. Although... this is a little scary...

Quoted on the website:

""These assets are offered "as-is, where-is"
with no returns, guarantees or claims as to working condition.""

With that thrown into the mix... winning this auction with the idea of
turning them for a profit... looks mighty dangerous. If only one of them is
not working (For whatever reason)... this venture is a sure lose. I wonder
if they are still within the manufacturer's warranty? I guess there is no
way to know that though until you buy them?

Scott
Team Ropingthewind