[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Mapource US TOPO question

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:12:14 MST 2006

I'll agree with Brain/AI and Bill B.... Garmin mapsource TOPO is great
software and has always served me very well, in several different
applications. The roads are pretty much always there as shown and the detail
is good enough for me. While I would love to see 1:24k detail... the 1:100k
detail is plenty fine for me. It also allows much more to be put on a single
CD than the need for perhaps multiple CD's, each selling probably at $100 a
peice. Garmin topo has the entire country on 2 CD's. The slightly less
detailed 1:100k is also much quicker to download to the GPS, not to mention
you can fit alot more map coverage in the GPS than you would be able to if
it were 1:24k. I travel occasionally all over the country and use the topo
maps in my GPS religiously. If it were 1:24k detail, I would need to
purchase many CD's (which can get very costly) to cover the areas I am
traveling to. With the current detail, I got it all on 2 CD's and have the
entire country in my library.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind