[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Mapource US TOPO question

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Jul 13 16:21:43 MST 2006

*cough*Google*cough*

Garmin's United States TOPO MapSource CD-ROM is similar to U.S. Geological
Survey 1:100,000-scale topographic paper maps. It includes trip and waypoint
management functions that allow you to transfer waypoints, routes, and
tracks between your PC and nearly all Garmin GPS units (excluding the GPS
100 family and panel-mount aviation units). With MapSource, you can view
highways, roads, hiking trails, snowmobile trails, backwoods trails,
elevation contours, point and summit elevations, some bathymetric contours,
geographic names, churches, and schools. Shoreline detail is included for
lakes, reservoirs, small bodies of water, waterways, rivers, and streams.
Icons represent boat ramps, dams, marinas, campgrounds, public facilities,
mile markers, first aid stations, picnic sites, swimming areas, ski areas,
wrecks, fuel locations, and dangerous and restricted areas.

Brian

Team A.I.

  _____