[Az-Geocaching] One Degree project?

Jake Olson jake.teamai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 04:28:33 MST 2006

Well, I found a cache in a walmart parking lot... so has everyone else
with over 20 finds.  That gives me one degree of seperation from
almost every other cacher.

All it takes is for one of the 15,000 cache Uber-Cachers to make an
run though the state, and the same goal is accomplished.  You've
already found a cache that they log.  From there you look at their
found list and you are a quick jump or two from a pretty good chunk of
the caching community.

I found out that a cacher that lives in Maryland, is someone that I
went to elementary school in Kansas with.  The last time we ever saw
each other was back in 1984 just before I moved back to AZ.  As soon
as I found out who he was, I sent a message to him to see if he
remembered me.  I then looked up his cache finds to see which ones he
had found.  To my suprise, there were a number of them in the Las
Vegas area that we both had finds on.  It turns out that he moved to
Maryland from Las Vegas, just before I discovered the fact.  (I would
have known sooner if I had just reviewed the names on my paypal
receipts closer.)  If any of you geocoin collectors have a "Flyin V"
geocoin, then you have a 1 degree seperation too.  I didn't need a
bunch of parking lot micros to find this out.  I did a little reading
on a cache log for the only cache in the town I used to live in.

I've looked at the webpage, and to me the biggest thing that will come
out of all of this is a sock puppet account that will have a whole
bunch of finds.

Jake
Team A.I.