[Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocachers Association

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 7 19:22:01 MST 2006

 > Arizona Geocachers Association?

That's the working name. It's not official yet.

 > Did I miss an important email? When/Where/How/Who?

We're working on it. We held an organizational meeting in June, and we have
a number of committees that are now working on different aspects of putting
the association together. These committees are the Interim Executive
Committee, which is in charge of the organizational process and will
dissolve once elections are held, External Communications Committee (PR),
Bylaws Committee, Website Committee, and the Internal Communications
Committee (newsletter, etc.).

We're looking for help in all areas, and we're especially interested in
making sure that the interests of cachers outside the metro Phoenix area are
represented, because we think that in order to succeed, the organization
must represent the interests of cachers throughout the state. (For those of
you reading this who live outside of Maricopa County, most of what we're
doing is taking place via email and phone calls, so please don't think
getting involved means endless travel to PHX.)

If you, or Jake (whose post I saw as I was typing this), or anyone else
reading this is interested in working to bring the association to reality,
please email "info a t azgca dot org", so as not to abuse the hospitality of
our hosts on this listserv. Let us know what committee you'd like to
volunteer for, and we'll get you set up. If you can't help out right now,
but would like to be kept informed of our progress, please email "interest a
t azgca dot org" to receive occasional progress reports from us. If you have
any questions, email the "info" address.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena