[Az-Geocaching] 1000'+ peaks in AZ

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 00:04:04 MST 2006

>From: AZcachemeister <>

>35?
>I wish I was 35 again, you're still a pup!
>After a quick scan of the not-so-easy-to-read list, it seems there are more
>than a few of those peaks that DO have a cache on them!
>Are you talking about simply reaching the summit, or climbing the entire
>'prominence'? A road may go very near the summit of a lot of those peaks.
>Scott, if you really wanted to climb/summit all those peaks, you have
>plenty of time to do it if you do the more difficult ones first, and I
>would be more than happy to accompany you on as many as possible.
>When and where do we start?

I dont really think I will ever get into trying to knock them all out. But
hey, I am always up for a good hike and climb. I am always up for getting
together with ya' cachemeister for a hike! Will have to take a look at some
of them and see which ones have caches on them and lets plan a few out!

You are correct in that some of them probably have roads that get closer to
the summit and go well inside the lowest elevation ring.

I am going to dig thru this list a bit though and see if I can set my sights
on something for another cache placement. I have a mountain in mind, but not
sure if it is on this list or not. I see Stewart Mnt is on the list (my
first cache) but Greyback Mnt is not (my second cache). A 1000' foot
elevation climb is a good RTW style cache hide. Not too much, not too
little. :)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind