[Az-Geocaching] A bit of history - question

Regan Smith evilfish at cox.net
Sat Aug 12 09:26:23 MST 2006

WE need a definition of Urban.

Under lightbase

In park bush

In newspaper rack

What is the definition???

  _____

From: az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of
AZcachemeister
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 10:53 PM
To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] A bit of history - question

Good luck figuring out what was the first 'urban' cache!
Yes, you can put the ammo can lid in a box and make it a TB, but it needs a
catchy name to be effective.
'Metro Pecan: Cracked'?
'Metro Pecan: My slice of the Pie'?
Or maybe just 'Lost  Lid'?

Steven Stringham wrote:

Well, that Metro Pecan was AZ's #4 geocache. And the first Urban in the
State. No, I don't know if it was the first urban period. Maybe I need
do some looking on that one.... Hummm.

So, yes you have some history right there. Can we put the ammo can lid
in a plexiglass case and call it a TB?

From: Bob Renner <>

The cache was plundered only a short time after it was
initally created.  It was in plain sight and had a
combination lock on the box with the combination in
the web page.  Someone riped the lid off and emptied
the contents.  The empty shell was on the tree for a
long time after that.

Finally, about a year ago, the tree was cut down and
the field plowed.  I assume the box was removed with
the tree, but since the lid was ripped off and
discarded earlier, it was in the field for you to
find.

Wow. That is some cool little history right there! I was wondering if the
rest of the box might be in the ground there. Now I know it isnt. So
everything fits together nicely and the mystery is solved! :) Looks like we
did find the lid from that cache then. It is interesting that we found the
lid almost precisely at the coordinates... not more than a few feet off...
considering it was plowed into the ground. Fun stuff!

Team Ropingthewind