[Az-Geocaching] Additional Waypoint Entries

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:38:24 MST 2006

One cache that comes to mind is a really old cache that is still active by
Libby...GC1E5A (In search of the Great Pumpkin). This is a two part cache.
The first part coordinates are posted on a sign at these coordinates. It is
off the exit ramp of Bloody Basin Rd and I-17. The actual second part
coordinates are somewhere like north or NE of Wickenburg. I found the first
part coords a couple of years ago and have still not gone after the final
cache. Anyways, this sign where the first part coords are posted are
directly across a small two lane street from another cache. I cant remember
what cache that was, but I think it is Bloody Basin Cach, also a multi
cache. There is an altoid tin under a cattleguard. Those coords will lead to
a cache which is farther down Bloody Basin Rd. Alot of cachers are finding
the altoid tin and going on to the second part of another cache... and then
logging the find for the other cache under GC1E5A. The distance between the
coords on the sign for GC1E5A and the altoid tin for the other cache is
maybe 40'. It is easy for someone to find the altoid tin and think the
coordinates in it are for the second part of GC1E5A.

This is the only occurance of this happening to me... that I can recall.
Libby isnt active in the game anymore, I dont beleive. So not sure this will
ever get corrected. These are both very old caches, though still active.

So having some kind of ability for the reviewers to detect this and keep
intermediate stages from being too close to other caches is good and will
keep this from happening in the future.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind