[Az-Geocaching] PDA recommendations

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:07:59 MST 2006

>From: "Brian Casteel" <>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] PDA recommendations
>Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:44:18 -0600
>
>How about the Axim X50 or X51 (not the v)?  Brand new on eBay for $76 w/
>$29
>shipping, but I would also need to buy the wifi card (another $70).  Still
>for 192MB of total memory and a rockin' fast processor, that still isn't
>bad.  On the flipside, I don't want something protruding from the top like
>that (CF wifi card) that would snap off.

I thought that the WIFI was integrated on the Dell X50/51 series units? Only
on the V's? I would certainly entertain buying a X51 for that price!!! Would
rather the V... but that is a good price for a great PDA. There is, however,
a couple of different X51's available (on Dell). One has a 520 processor,
the other a 416 processor. Also, the faster processor also has WIFI and
Bluetooth, the other only Bluetooth. The X51V has a 624mhz processor.
Rockin' fast for a PDA! Although, for $76 bucks, either of the X51's is a
great buy!

Did you choose one on Ebay yet? If you get a X51, let me know! Would like
your opinion on it.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind