[Az-Geocaching] 60c geocache mode help

Dave TeamDaSH teamdash at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 00:24:59 MST 2006

I attempted to use the geocaching mode on my Garmin 60c for the first time
today.  However, when I hit the "GO TO" button on the waypoint information
page, it would automatically caculate a route and give me driving directions
instead of taking me to the geo navigation compass page.  Even if I used
the "PAGE" button and went to the compass page, It would be the normal
compass page, not the geocache navigation compass page with the "FOUND"
"NOTE" and "STOP" buttons on the bottom.  To answer your first questions
before you ask, I did have the geocache waypoint symbol assigned to the
caches I tried to find, and I did access the cache waypoints by hitting the
"FIND" button, and then selecting the "Geocache" symbol on the page.  From
what I read in the manual, this should put me in geocaching mode.

So, what could I be doing wrong?  Is there perhaps a setting that should be
changed to prevent the 60c from automatically calculating a route from the
geocaching page?  Do I just have a defective unit?  By the way, I did reload
the software when I got home tonight, but I still have the same problem.
Can anyone out there help me with this?  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave
Team DaSH