[Az-Geocaching] PDA's

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Wed Sep 28 13:30:54 MST 2005

If you want something very basic, inexpensive and something you wouldn't cry
over if it fell 200' down into a ravine and broke into 1000 pieces, go with
something simple/basic like a Palm IIIxe w/ cradle.  Greyscale, 8MB RAM, and
handles the text relevant to your caching adventures with ease.  I have yet
to see 8MB of cache data that will make it stumble.  Of course, I categorize
my caches too, with only caches relevant to my current hunt, plus perhaps
some residual that I didn't find on another adventure.  Unfound is the
default, and I created another db for ones I haven't logged yet.  When I log
them, I move those over to the Found db and it's all good.  You could go
with a Tungsten unit, depending on how much pain you want to inflict on your
wallet, or go with whatever I'm sure RTW will bring to the table here
momentarily.  :)

Brian
Team A.I.