[Az-Geocaching] a better way!!

Azpaul1 azpaul1 at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 05:01:17 MST 2005

Since you mentioned mapsource, I am assuming that you have and using a Garmin gps unit. The only gps that I know off that lets you download all the page info. is a Garmin I-Que.

Until just recently, I too used your method of entering waypoints and in the  last couple of months have, with some help of close friends, I have gone paperless. The answer sounds very complicated, but once everything is set up it is a snap to use.

First, I set up a series of pocket queries that I run weekly. I then load them into a waypoint management database called GSAK (the best $8.00 I have spent, I might add).

GSAK , allows me to load the waypoints into my 60C and the page info. into a PDA.

Like I said earlier, it sounds complicated, but once everything is set up it is a snap to use. With the PDA, I don't have to carry a clip board full of printout's to rummage through for the info that I need and I can enter notes  about the cache I just found.

I hope this helps,
Paul aka "AZPAUL"