[Az-Geocaching] Needed: advice for my first GPS

PThomp9719 at aol.com PThomp9719 at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 01:53:13 MST 2005

To support those of us who use Magellans:
My first and only GPS is (and has been for 3 years) a Magellan Sport Track
Map.   I came in with no knowledge  of GPSrs and found it easy to  use from the
beginning.  Downloadable maps, plenty of memory without  needing extra
expansion cards ( I think I have about 1200 waypoints in  mine right now after a
cross country trip), easy navigation buttons, 2  levels of backlight for night
caching.  There is only a black/white screen  but I find it easy to read and do
not feel I need a color screen to  differentiate bodies of water on the
screen.  Have found it to be very  sturdy, through much rough handling and there are
features I do not use (terrain  projection, best fishing times) but they are
included! The built in maps are  very adequate for caching if you don't have
time to download detail maps.
50+ grandmother and mother of 2 ubercachers