[Az-Geocaching] Time reversal - the end

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 02:09:05 MST 2005

Without a doubt, Azgeocaching.com is a main reason why we have enjoyed geocaching. The sense of community is a big plus. Sure the stats were nice, but the listserv is the main reason I use azgc.com. Mike and I have always appreciated your hard work on this site. Thank you Brian!

Brian Cluff <brian at Snaptek.com> wrote:Nope, you'd have to go back to a time when geocaching.com appreciated
the business that the free service azgeocaching.com gave them, insisting
that people gave money to geocaching.com before they donated to
azgeocaching.com... and before they blocked every address we had to be
able to gather the data that made AzGeocaching.com what it was.

As of Aug. 14 stats are no more, and at this moment in time they don't
appear to be coming back either. Sure we could move to a different
source of bandwidth, but it would be a short lived victory before they
blocked that address as well. I just wonder if they thought about the
several thousand people they also blocked from getting to geocaching.com
when they made their decision to block our whole Internet service.

I don't like to toot my own horn, but I know AzGeocaching.com had at
least a little bit to do with the immense popularity of geocaching in
Arizona and they wouldn't have had near as many subscribers without the
discussions on the mailing list and the people that were into the
numbers. The least they could do is allow us to exist for their own
sake. AzGeocaching.com was never a leach on their system and never
would have been, we always ran the website at our own cost and never
tried to make it pay for itself at the cost of geocaching.com

Brian Cluff
AzGeocaching.com
Team Snaptek

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898