[Az-Geocaching] help for Gulf area cachers

wogun1 at cox.net wogun1 at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 11:52:48 MST 2005

We recieved this email on another caching email list.  I am forwarding in case some of you would like to help.  I have corresponded a couple of times and this seems legit, however, I don't know any of these cachers so "Caveat emptor"  Please respond directly to Grrlfrog at the address below.

Terry
Wogunhiker

Hi there fellow cachers,

Please forgive the intrusion but this is a plea for assistance.  My
name is Mary Ann and I go by "Grrlfrog & CacheChow" on
www.geocaching.com.  Last Tuesday I emailed many of our geocaching
friends in the Gulf Coast region to check on them and see how they
were doing.  Of the 150 emails I sent I have received about 35
everything, one elderly gentleman who has lost everything and one
woman who is stranded in Atlanta with no cash, a bounced payroll
check and a Red Cross debit card that doesn't work.

I am beginning to think I will hear back that more and more people
need help.

If you or anyone in your group would like to join the effort started
by the Central Texas Geocachers, please feel free to email me
directly.  We have already assisted the family who has lost
everything by buying new bikes for their kids and contributing a
carload of household items, clothes, food and personal items.

We are looking to help each geocacher impacted by the storm on a
very individual basis.  We will gladly put you in touch with them
one they have the assistance they need.  Geocachers are a rare and
wonderful group of people and your help is needed and appreciated.

Please email me directly if you have any questions or concerns.  I
will be happy to put you in touch with the other cachers who are
helping me pull this effort together.  I have also started a Yahoo
group for the ongoing support effort of Geocachers affected by
Hurricane Katrina: