[Az-Geocaching] OT: Jeep question

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:24:05 MST 2005

>From: "Gordy & Barbie" <teamavart at cox.net>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>, <dtanderson at gandsgunroom.com>
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] OT: Jeep question
>Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:50:52 -0700
>
>The air bag system is automatically disabled when the t-case is shifted
>into
>4-lo.
>
>If the air bag light is coming on, it indicates that there is a fault
>somewhere in the system, and should be investigated. The computer will tell
>you where the fault is, and an OBDII scanner should tell you what exactly
>is
>wrong. Technically, it is illegal to tamper with the air bag system on your
>vehicle in any way.

This just got me thinking.... (imagine that!)..... I would think the air bag
'should' be disabled when the vehicle goes into 4hi... or 4wd period. In 4
low you are just basically crawling along and although you might be bumping
and bouncing.. I wouldnt think you would be taking any jarring bounces going
that slow... in 4 low, you are just crawling over rocks and such. Now in 4
hi, you are likely traveling at a faster speed and if you hit a bit of a
bump at higher speeds, that could more likely potentially cause the airbag
to pop out. I dont know about the stock gearing in a Jeep, but my truck in 4
low will not go over perhaps 5 mph!!!! :)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind