[Az-Geocaching] Calling all PDA Gurus

AZTech aztech.gc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 07:07:17 MST 2005

Bob,

You can easily upgrade the OS on a PPC by doing a ROM upgrade, though you'll need ActiveSync installed to do it in most cases.  I found a ROM upgrade at http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/15532.html (which looks to include the PPC2002 End User Update), which should bring your iPAQ up to date so that you can use most PPC software.

BTW, if you got GpxView to work on the included demo file but not on another .GPX you're using, I seem to recall that it only worked with the 'untouched' .GPX file from the PQ.  When I made changes to it in GSAK, it wouldn't load.  IIRC, there's an option in GSAK to generate .GPX files "with geocaching.com extensions", which isn't enabled by default, but which resolves this issue.

If you need additional help, feel free to contact me off-list.

David - AZTech