[Az-Geocaching] Re: Another new feature at GC.com

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Nov 3 13:58:02 MST 2005

You could easily do the same thing with PQs.  For example, mark coords for
several points throughout the state, ensuring that there is guaranteed
overlap, minimizing as much as possible to ensure you get the
complete/accurate results.  When the PQs are downloaded, load EasyMPS and
you can double-click each of the PQs and load several, then open directly
into MapSource.  The newer version of EasyMPS will allow you to select
multiple .gpx files and open them with fewer steps too.  Of course, this is
a Garmin-specific nifty feature, but what can you do?

To further elaborate on the PQs, you can select limitations such as the
state, so if your radius extends beyond the borders of the state, the
limitation will effectively create a boundary comprised of the AZ state
borders as closesly defined as possible by the coordinate database that
provides such limitations.

Before, yes I would download a .gpx from azgc.com and sort by icon, then
remove all the archived/disabled/found caches and have an instant view of
what I don't yet have.  But anymore, I build a couple PQs for a specific
area and filter my cache hunt list down based on criteria determined for
that trip.

It takes a little more initial legwork, but I don't think that's any big
deal.

Brian

Team A.I.

  _____