[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching and the Mayer Daze 4x4 Poker Run

Bill Burkett wburkett at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 08:36:42 MST 2005

I thought I'd let you all know about an event coming up this Saturday that's
not strictly speaking geocaching related, but could have a geocaching
element if you want.

The second annual Mayer Daze 4x4 Poker Run follows a route this year that
goes past four caches, including one that features an old miner's shack and
possible gravesite (GCNXX6, GC62C2, GC14B1, and GCN5C5).

The route involves some pretty serious four-wheeling and you'll need
jeep-like ground clearance to run it without kissing more than a few rocks.
For example, my RAV4 - no matter how mighty -- would not make it.

The entry fee for the run includes a hand of poker, the proceeds of which go
to charity, and a barbecue lunch.  And Mayer Daze itself is made up of a lot
of different small-town type activities.  You can find more information
about the run and Mayer Daze at < http://www.mayerpokerrun.com/ >.