[Az-Geocaching] Skywarn ~ and GPS use :-)

Trisha Brasher trisha at brasher.com
Mon May 23 14:00:41 MST 2005

It's a great service. Are you a Ham, Brian? In the Kingman area back then (1990's) , all the Skywarn volunteers were Hams. So we could communicate.
I once was returning to Kingman from Dolan Springs with a big T-storm cell coming in from the NW (a common thing, and the radar out of Las Vegas had bad coverage due to terrain in that area....one reason why Skywarn was so important) I radioed in the info (location, direction, size of hail, lightning danger, etc) and by the time I got home about 25 minutes later just ahead of the storm, the weather alert was scrolling on the TV and they were using my exact words!! It was pretty cool.
Oh, um, by the way, back then we didn't use a GPS to give the location....

Trisha ~ "Lightning"
Can anyone now guess where the name came from?
Prescott Vly