[Az-Geocaching] GPS Sick?

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 14:20:08 MST 2005

We have the cheap yellow Garmin etrex. We drive to caches all the time, and have never had a problem with navigation using the garmin inside the metal roofed truck. Ive even gotten the satellites in our house with the garmin. My only complaint is that my old eyes have to squint to read the numbers on the display sometimes when entering coordinates (too small).

Cord Harris <cordh at mchsi.com> wrote:My Magellan's ....will even acquire overhead satellites in a metal roofed vehicle which really helps in trying to drive to a cache. The Garmen's could not acquire sufficient satellites to allow approach from within a metal roofed vehicle without frequently
stops for a fix.

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898