[Az-Geocaching] winchester-

Mel Hockwitt melhock at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 17:24:51 MST 2005

Connie, the rifle you mention was manufactured late 1939 - production
started at ser: 1169371 and 27,840 were made - putting yours late in the
year.  1940 started with ser: 1197212 . As with anything condition is
EVERYTHING, with seeing what kind of condition the rifle is in prevents
me from putting a price tag on it.  The best bet would be to show it to
a reputable dealer and get his opinion - it would help if the person is
knowledgeable about antiques.  Anything prior to 1964 had milled parts
and after 1964 the parts were stamped - the milled part guns command a
much higher price.
Hope this helps.
Mel Hockwitt