[Az-Geocaching] Caution Tucson, border cachers

Rand Hardin rhrdn8 at juno.com
Mon Mar 28 16:24:03 MST 2005

Brian-Team A.I.,

I just went back over my deleted emails and couldn't find your post (what was your Subject line?).  I guess it didn't make it to me yet.

Yes, I found that quote interesting too!  I have a strong feeling that things are going to get out-of-hand at times.

The whole Mexico/U.S. relations is bad.  I just read an article on the DRUDGE REPORT: It stated that at the beginning of the U.S./Mexico socceer match that was held in Mexico City yesterday, that Mexican fans were booing the U.S. national anthem; and some fans were chanting "Osama! Osama!".  Some fans tried burning the American flag after the game, but ended up stomping on it.

SOCCER GAME ARTICLE:
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3495034

Rand Hardin
(RandMan)

BRIAN (TEAM A.I.) RESPONDED:

You're about an hour late, Rand.  :)  I just posted a link to an article
about this a little while ago.  I found one of the quotes pretty funny
though.  The guy organizing all of this is ex-military, and states that the threat isn't being taken very seriously because due to the fact that over half of the volunteers are combat veterans.  This should be interesting.

Brian
Team A.I.

RAND HARDIN POSTED:

I don't know if there are any caches along the Arizona/Mexico border, but if so, geocachers need to be aware of possible problems.  The 1000+ volunteers of the MINUTEMAN PROJECT will be conducting patrols along part of the border for the month of April.  A violent Central America-based gang (Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13) has issued orders to teach "a lesson" to the Minuteman volunteers.  There could be some problems for anyone in the area, and should be aware.

WASHINGTON TIMES ARTICLE (GANG WILL TARGET...):
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050328-125306-7868r.htm

MINUTEMAN PROJECT WEBSITE:
http://minutemanproject.com/

Rand Hardin