[Az-Geocaching] Poll

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 22:36:43 MST 2005

You want stats... you got stats. :)

1)  This page shows a pure ranking of all cachers with over 200 finds. This is by far the most accurate worldwide accounting of stats for Geocaching.com that I've seen. You can search by state/country also.  I think it updates roughly twice a week.

http://grand_high_pobah.home.comcast.net/

2) You can also see cache stats if you register at http://www.keenpeople.com/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=55&op=page&SubMenu=

The problem with this one is that it relies on people opting in and manually adding their stats.

3) Of course, azgeocaching.com's own http://www.azgeocaching.com/team_stats.php is quite good statewise.  Only occasional hiccups in the numbers. :)

4) Challenge points aren't caches :  http://www.deepsouthwest.com/geocaching/stats/ website takes all active caches in the state and assigns them a point value based on number of finds and how long they've been out there.  It's neat in that you can search by county (never seen that anywhere before) and that it only counts caches that are active. There's nothing you need to do to join or anything. It's just another way of looking at the numbers.  (BTW, wogunhiker has earned 399 challenge points.)  You can learn about Noshood Tsoh's Challenge Points at :
http://www.deepsouthwest.com/geocaching/stats/aboutchallengepoints.html

--Dave, The Cow Spots

Wogun1 <wogun1 at cox.net> wrote:
Ok, I know this is off the subject of tc vs gc.... but what is a challenge point cache?  And how does it become a challenge point cache? And are there other statistical websites out there that we haven't stumbled across in the last six months?

We have just been merrily caching along and had no idea such a thing existed!

Terry
wogunhiker