[Az-Geocaching] Do you know him?

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:03:49 MST 2005

>From: "Brian Casteel" <bcasteel at uccinc.net>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>,"'ShadowAce'" <shadowace.az at gmail.com>
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Do you know him?
>Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:36:04 -0700
>
>Yep.  I was riding on what were technically donuts...aka street radial
>tires
>on a Jeep (you also had tires with just a bit more meat on them at the
>time).  You were gutsy on that hill, I'll give you that, but pansied out in
>the PTD.  :)
>
>Need I remind you that you were PULLED out of the PTD, having become stuck
>on two wheels, while the limited slip differentials failed you miserably,
>spinning freely in the air without a worry in the world.
>
>I'll also remind you that the t-case skid plate of mine was grading that
>hillcrest, as identified by the 20lbs or so of dirt I washed out, in
>addition to the piles that fell off while I was driving.  :)
>
>I was also able to tow out RTW in the now infamous Mission:RRTW using that
>same Jeep, so don't you tell me about stuck you round headlight, Jeep
>driving freak!
>
>Brian
>Team A.I.

HAHAHA!!! Yep, Brian's Jeep pulled out a full size 1/2 ton GMC truck! For
those that didnt hear about Mission:RRTW.... I busted a lower control arm
U-bolt. It twisted and eventually snapped. I was stuck on an upslope and
rocky road. I couldnt get a jack under it where I felt the truck was stable
to work under and not worry about it sliding backwards or to the side any
while I was under there working on it. So, I let the truck roll back (it
didnt roll very well with the front left tire cocked a bit plus all the
rocks) a bit until the back tires were in a small sandy wash at the bottom
of the hill. Anyways, after fixing it... I was ready to roll again, except
my 2wd truck was not going anywhere since it was stuck in the wash. I have a
posi- traction rear in there too! So, we hooked a tow rope up to Brians Jeep
and we were able to tow it back a bit so I could turn it around and drive it
out! :) Other than that little mishap, it was a fun night as we did some
late night wilderness caching in the dark of night around the area (near
Black Canyon City).

Scott
Team Ropingthewind