[Az-Geocaching] TC vs GC

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 16:21:04 MST 2005

No one is saying one should drop gc.com and only terracache. I do not see why the idea of competition bothers some people though. Terracaching isnt advocating skirting the rules of the land agencies, nor is it attempting to bring down the level of geocaching. GC.com doesnt have virtuals and locationless caches any more. (Please dont state the party line that locationless will return - that was promised more than 2 years ago. As far as virtuals are concerned, we all know that it is nearly impossible to have them any more.) Some people want a type of caching that gc.com doesnt care for any more. Why not welcome another site that allows the other types of caches we cant get now. Why not welcome another site that expects quality in their caches. It makes me wonder if it is only about the numbers on the azgeocaching website. Given how Jeremy has been stating in the forums that he is considering removing access to see other peoples cache numbers, then even that may not be possible in the
 future at azgc.com.

Bill Tomlinson <billtomlinson at qwest.net> wrote:
:-) I didn't mean to say everyone would convert. It was a
tongue-in-cheek jab at those that are assailing TC.com for something
that is also happening at GC.com.

CacheLess