[Az-Geocaching] A last word on Prices

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:34:07 MST 2005

You want to talk about 'slowing down to save gas'..... !!!!

I just purchased a 1981 crew cab 1 ton truck... driving back from Salt Lake
City, Utah last week I was doing 72 mph or so down the highway.. my first
tank of gas (20 gallons) got about 6.5 mph!!!  The engine kinda whines at
that speed, so when I got off the interstate and drove down Hwy 89, I was
averaging around 60 mph. At this speed, I got 8 mph. Huge difference a 5 or
10 mph difference can make. This is a big 4x4 truck and it doesnt exactly
have freeway gearing in it! When I got home, I made some carburetor
adjustements and I think I will be doing a bit better yet with it when I
figure my next tank of gas.

Of course, with gas mileage like that (I also own a 1974 truck that gets
only 11 mph), I will be doing alot less driving as the gas prices start
going up. People keep saying that there isnt anything you can do about it.
There is... SLOW DOWN and DRIVE LESS!!!! I put alot of miles on my trucks
with the business I am in. But things like geocaching and just getting
around town for fun will have to simply take a back seat until prices come
down again. I am not going to let the oil companies take advantage of me!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

"Chris Ledoux...Rest in peace cowboy. You will be missed."