[Az-Geocaching] Prices

SSpackeen at aol.com SSpackeen at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 09:08:45 MST 2005

A better comparison would be if the soda and beer companies jacked their
prices when the spring warm weather arrives, or if the coffee companies ripped
us off each fall when it gets cold - but you don't really see that pattern from
 any industry but the oil industry.

Costco doesn't charge MORE for a pair of shorts starting in March.   In fact,
they become more readily available and cheaper at just the right  time.

I'd prefer the oil the companies similarly compete for my loyalty by  trying
to hold down the lowest price!  That'd be a hell of a concept -  imagine Shell
or Exxon or any of the others advertising "we'll beat the  competitor's
posted price, every time, guaranteed!"

Now, the water bottle comment is funny - but in this case the consumer has  a
million alternatives and as it turns out, WILL choose to pay $2 for a bottle
of water!  Go figure.  However, we do NOT have an alternative to  gasoline,
it's a MUCH higher budget item for each of us, and again, water  pricing stays
perfectly even throughout the year.  If they suddenly charged  $10 per bottle
in August in Gila Bend, it would be a ghost town before Labor  Day!

- Sk.

Besides, just try to  buy a gallon of anything else for what gas costs you.
Milk comes from a  local dairy and requires very little processing compared to
gas, which is  pumped up from a mile in the ground halfway around the world,
transported 10  or 12 thousand miles, and has to be expensively processed
before it is sold,  but the milk still costs more.  Why isn’t anyone yelling about
the dairy  industry price gouging.  Heck, a gallon of water costs quite a
lot, and  they don’t do much of anything to that.

Bill in  Willcox

Yahoo! Small Business - _Try  our new resources site!_
(http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31637/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/)

To edit your setting, subscribe or  unsubscribe  visit:

Arizona's  Geocaching Resource