[Az-Geocaching] Rattlers are out!

Jim Scotti jscotti at pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU
Thu Mar 10 15:18:26 MST 2005

Well, we used to say "What's a factor of 10 amongst friends?"  :-)  Really,
in the past, Astronomy was almost totally about figuring things out to within
an order of magnitude (a factor of 10), so getting things within a factor of
two nowadays is a big improvement!  We're all just continually refining our
measurements anyway with the rare big discovery mixed in occasionally.

Jim.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Brian Casteel wrote:

> So, by your own admission, you apply a factor of 2 to everything.  Does that
> mean your projected asteroid strikes are truly only half of what you
> publish?  :P
>
> Brian
> Team A.I.

Jim Scotti