[Az-Geocaching] Vacation geocaching - caches inTucsonarearecommendations please

Jim Scotti jscotti at pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU
Wed Mar 9 12:52:11 MST 2005

Hey, I was a Coast Guard brat & used to get on base as a dependent even after
I moved to Tucson to go to the UofA.  I did the AAMARC tour about a decade
ago when my Uncle was visiting.  Pretty cool.  And of course, I'm always
gawking at the old birds while driving down Kolb or Irvington east of
Kolb.....  We had a mini airshow this past weekend when the Heritage Flight
were practicing out of Davis-Monthan.  Wonderful combinations of new and old
planes (well, not that new - an F-15, F-16 or A-10 are getting pretty long in
the tooth...) flying around town in formation.  P-38's, P-51's, F-86's and so
on.  The Air show at DM will be on the weekend of April 2 this year and the
Thunderbirds will be making a racket overhead too.

Jim.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Apryl Clark wrote:

> If only I was into caching back then...this was like 15 years ago. The
> boneyard is AWESOME!!!! One of the benefits of coming from a military
> family!
>
> Apryl

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory