[Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!

Koch, Dan Dan.Koch at Eclipsys.com
Tue Mar 8 09:10:31 MST 2005

Land managers can, do and should monitor caches in other areas so that they
know what they might expect to see in their area.  If your neighbors' houses
were getting broken into, would you leave your doors and windows open?

It's unrealistic to believe that cachers are somehow more
responsible/environmentally sensitive/etc in one area than another.  Caches,
and cachers, don't miraculously change when they cross state lines...or
regions...or countries.

In my opinion, we've gotten spoiled by having the azgeocaching.com site.
Sure, it's given us all a bit of state pride and the competition can be fun
(if you're in it for the numbers ;), but at the same time, it emphasizes the
unrealistic idea that caches (and cachers) here in AZ are somehow
different/more important/better than other caches (and cachers) out there.

Just my two cents...Your mileage may vary...Yadda, yadda, yadda...

LazyK - Dan

"...logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of
the few" - ???

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com
To: listserv at azgeocaching.com; Artemis Approver
Sent: 3/8/2005 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!

See now this is what bugs us. We are penalized in this state because of
what may happen in other states. This is why some think we need to have
local control rather than one global place with sole control. I realize
gc.com is looking out for everyone's best interest, by restricting
things for us here, to avoid offending land managers in other states.

<snip>