[Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 02:11:24 MST 2005

See now this is what bugs us. We are penalized in this state because of what may happen in other states. This is why some think we need to have local control rather than one global place with sole control. I realize gc.com is looking out for everyone's best interest, by restricting things for us here, to avoid offending land managers in other states.

Artemis Approver <artemis.approver at gmail.com> wrote:....it is not the land manager of that park that groundspeak is concerned with. It is
the land managers of other parks who look at cache placements when
deciding if they should allow any more in there area.

It is the land manager in Nebraska who has decided after seeing
certain areas in California that the best way to avoid the same is to
ban all caches from Nebraska. ... And I quote "Geocaches may not be
placed in the Pioneers Park Nature Center in the western portion of
Pioneers Park, the Sunken Gardens, ot the Antelope Park Rose Garden
due to the sensetive nature of the landscape in these areas."

So as I explained to graldrich and received a nice 'that was a great
explaination' email from him. Groundspeak made the guidelines to
protect its interests in ALL areas that people cache.

Just as people from Oregon and NY come cache and leave caches here,
the land managers of other places will check on other states.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:53:05 -0700, Bill Tomlinson
wrote:
> I don't want to beat a dead horse (or a live one for that matter), but
> it seems I'm completely lost. I'm reading two objections, but can't
> understand either. First, you say that it is a matter of saturation,
> but as I read Graldrich's listing, he noted somewhere between .20 and
> .33 but when I look at the guidelines posted at geocaching.com, it says
> that caches must be placed at least .10 apart. If the guidelines have
> changes, they should be posted. Second, you mention the possibility of
> land managers getting upset, but graldrich said he would obtain
> management approval before placement (as we always should). Seems to me
> they aren't going to get too upset if he does something they approve of.

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898