[Az-Geocaching] Labels, Garmins, Power Trails and job hunting.

TEAM 360 team360usa at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:57:15 MST 2005

OK group, lets have a new issue!

If you just want to slap your address-label-size 'I WAS HERE'
sticker, or perhaps use a 2" X 3" 'TEAM GAWDAWFULL' stamp in a normal
size logbook, by all means go ahead!
If it's a micro-cache logsheet, and said sticker or stamp is going
to take up 3-4-5-(or maybe more) lines, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be
considerate of fellow cachers and the cache owner, break out a talking
stick and practice your penmanship!

Hear, hear...while doing maintenance on my "Canyon Lake Vista" cache today, Scott of RopingTheWind and I both had some choice words to say about a cacher who placed their sticker SIDEWAYS on the micrologsheet, taking up about 8 or 9 spaces...gee, why not just slap a full-sized bumper sticker with your team name across the whole front of the logsheet, and then drop me a note to say the logsheet is full??

Good to hear T360 is still around, doesn't someone have a spare E-TREX
this guy can borrow?

Steve

WHAA? You actually expect me to use a GARMIN?? Just kidding, all you Garmin lovers out there....

Actually, you forgot a huge part of what's been going on during the last few years with the local community.

Nope, I remember the efforts of everyone quite clearly. Kudos for all that has been done.
Finally seeing more to graldrich's concept, I'm still on the fence.  With multiple teams participating, it's kind of a cool idea.  Depending on where it was that the concept was to be implemented could sway me either way.  There are 100 caches within 5.1 miles of the trailhead mentioned for that power trail.  This isn't even counting distances along the cache route, so I feel that in this case it would be a saturation.  Look up here, for example, and that might be different.  The cache count in this state overall is a fraction of Arizona.  Such a concept would probably do well up here, because the area overall is far from becoming saturated.  In that respect, I think it boils down to geography and caches already available, which I bet had something to do with the rejection of the initial concept, however it was presented.

I was thinking the exact same thing, except I was comparing Arizona with California. When you look at those two, Arizona has a fraction of what is placed out in Cali.

Would it really be any different what Groundspeak is doing if the headquarters was in Scottsdale, Glendale or even Tucson?  If the policy implementation was the same, would the ill will toward them still be at such a level?  Also, it appears that gc.com is more open to what's going on than you give them credit for.  More and more they are seeking input from Joe Cacher for developments of aspects of geocaching, but the group up there now is implementing policy for the betterment of the community, to prevent it from becoming a monster that cannot be controlled.

If they are so open to "Joe Cacher", they should let graldrich place his Power Trail.
In the end, GC.com should let Arizonans decide what types of caches we want to hunt. I would have to say that a majority of us down here in warm, sunny AZ (oops, did I say THAT, Brian? Going into the 80's this week, by the way...still got snow up there? Hehehehe..) would like to see this Power Trail...

I wish you a rapid resolution to the job hunt, Jeff.

Steve

Team Tierra Buena

Many thanks for the kind thoughts...keeping my fingers crossed...

http://mail.yahoo.com