[Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 19:04:49 MST 2005

Actually, for virtuals and locationless (since they are cacha non grata at gc.com) a friend of mine has a server, and for not too much money per year, I can have a website to set up and log such types of caches. I toyed with that idea for awhile. I love those kinds of caches too. I was also thinking of adding historical markers on it. For those at gc.com who are listening, I was in no way shape or form wanting to draw away from gc.com, only wanting to give people (and me) some things we want that gc.com doesnt provide for any more.

Gale <sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com> wrote: Yes I would like to see higher quality caches. We have a lot of good caches, and a lot of "here's a bush, here's a trash can, here's a light fixture" in a non descript area, hidden just because they can be hidden. It would be better to have more local control, since one size fits all rules dont really work as well. What applies in one part of the world/US doesnt necessarily apply here. But........would having it seperate from geocaching.com really work? Will we lose cachers in Arizona? GC.com would come up readily in a search, but would azgc.com? Can azgc.com handle the load? More importantly, would they want to? Oy the headaches!

TEAM 360 <team360usa at yahoo.com> wrote:
Quality of caches would improve DRAMATICALLY if 3 out of 5 reviewers had to give it a "yes" vote before it got listed....Wouldn't you rather see QUALITY caches here in Arizona, rather than the current onslaught of  behind-the-WalMart-dumpster-soggy-logsheet micro caches?

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898